Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Inclusive Education Teacher
- Permanent, Full-time
- Start date negotiable
- Albany location, well-resourced teaching facilities and expansive grounds
About this Role
Kristin has a newly formed Inclusive Education team, supporting the diverse learning needs of the students from Year 7 to 13. Our goal is to ensure that all students with additional learning needs are supported to achieve their full potential throughout their education at Kristin.
Our Inclusive Education specialists work closely with teachers, students, and families, to fully understand individual learning needs and help maximise learning outcomes and promote inclusion. Applicants must have proven experience in teaching and supporting students with learning needs across the neuro-diverse spectrum. The role includes a teaching load to be negotiated with the successful applicant.
- supporting transition points in identified student's learning pathways, such as transition into Middle and Senior School’s as required.
- providing high-quality learning support in accordance with Kristin’s values, guiding principles, and curriculum frameworks.
- strengthening the capability of teachers in the support of the diverse learning of students.
- assessing, collaboratively planning, supporting, and monitoring the implementation of individual (or group) learning plans.
Skills and experience:
- A fully registered and qualified teacher in New Zealand
- Ideally you will have post-graduate qualifications in an area of Specialist Teaching, or the ability/desire to attain these with the support of the school.
- Ideally a minimum of five years teaching experience and a deep knowledge of child development, learning and behaviour.
- A strong understanding of a range of needs and learning challenges and their implications for daily functioning for students and for teaching and learning in the context of a high performing independent school.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with students and their families and teachers across a diverse range of settings.
- A positive strengths-based approach to working with students, staff, and parents.
Passionate about innovative student initiatives, you will be committed to the School and co-curricular activities. Most importantly, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate commitment to Kristin's values "Progress with Vision, Integrity and Love".
Kristin is one of New Zealand's finest independent, non-denominational schools. It provides exceptional education for over 1700 students from Early Learning to Year 13. The School attracts highly talented staff that inspires outstanding academic achievement and offers a high performing array of co-curricular activities. Progressive and global in its approach, Kristin provides dual pathways through NCEA and the International Baccalaureate, a well-reputed international programme. Dedicated to providing a caring, supportive environment, the aim for students is to think creatively, reason critically, communicate effectively and learn enthusiastically throughout life.
Benefits & Culture
Kristin offers the opportunity to work with exceptional leaders who are dedicated and passionate about creating world citizens who are truly “Future ready”. You will have support from the senior leadership team, a commitment to your professional development and enjoy a highly competitive remuneration package, tuition fee discount, small class sizes, highly engaged students and a welcoming and supportive school community.
Please register and apply online at www.kristincareers.nz by attaching your CV and covering letter.
Due to current border and immigration restrictions, you need to be a NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered for the role.
If you wish to discuss this role in confidence then please contact Rebecca Isted, Director of Human Resources on (09) 415 5097 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications close on Friday 5 March 2021.