Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Primary School Teacher - Permanent
commencing January 2022
- Highly competitive terms and conditions
- Dynamic teaching & learning environment
- Albany location with park-like grounds
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
Kristin School is a co-educational, non-denominational, independent school on Auckland’s North Shore. It provides education for over 1800 students from Early Learning to Year 13, with dual pathways through NCEA and the International Baccalaureate programme.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and motivated teacher to join our friendly and supportive Junior School (Year 0-6) team on a permanent full-time basis. As a classroom teacher you will have expertise in tailoring the educational experience to ensure every child can achieve their best. You will be teaching numeracy, literacy, and inquiry while specialist teachers support Mandarin, PE, Music, Visual and Performing Arts.
Important Skills | Nga Pūkenga Motuhake
This role requires someone a NZ Registered teacher who has:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to engage with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to build strong relationships with students and parents
- A commitment to support our co-curricular programme
- Tech savvy and comfortable using google docs and other online educational tools
- Great sense of humour and
- Committed to Kristin’s values; “Progress with vision, integrity and love”.
IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) prior experience is not required, however successful candidates will be required to participate in professional development, including attending training outside of school hours. We are looking for educators who are interested in gaining experience across the Primary age range and flexible with the year level they are assigned, however if you have a preference then please state this in your application as final class placements have not yet been made for next year.
What we offer | Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou
Kristin provides a highly competitive salary above the state scale in addition to:
- Small class sizes
- Highly engaged students
- Generous non-contact time
- Supportive and welcoming faculty and community
- Tuition fee discount
- Well-resourced and amazing facilities and
- Committed to your professional development
How to apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Please apply online at www.kristincareers.nz by completing your application form and attaching your CV and covering letter. Please do not email your application.
If you wish to discuss the role in confidence, please contact Rebecca Isted on 021 708 658.
Please note that with the borders closed we can only consider applicants from those eligible and living in New Zealand. You are also required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Applications close Friday 29 October 2021, however we reserve the right to make an appointment earlier if a suitable candidate is found.